Hey! I don’t know if you’re looking for a hotel or a house to rent, so I will mention both.
My favorite website for finding homes, condos, and apartments to rent by the night or week is VRBO.com, which allows private owners to rent their properties out to vacationers. I’ve used it to find places in London, Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels, Tokyo, and Kyoto and have been very happy with all my experiences. I checked and know for a fact that they have rentals around the Clearwater and St. Petersburg areas, so I definitely advise you to check it out. From what I’ve seen, Visitstpeteclearwater.com also has an array of rentals and hotels, but I’ve never used the site before.
If you’re looking for an expensive luxurious hotel, the Sandpearl Resort is probably your best bet. Its rooms run at a price of $600+ per night in the off season. It’s popular, but I think it might be a little overrated. There are plenty of very nice hotels at 1/3 of the price. Some great ones include:
- The Hyatt Regency Clearwater (on Clearwater Beach).
- Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suits (on Treasure Island/ Madeira Beach).
- Sheraton Sand Key resort (on Clearwater Beach).
- The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg (Near St. Pete’s beach and the pier).
- The Loews Don CeSar Hotel (on St Pete’s Beach).
- Clearwater Beach Marriott Suites on Sand Key (close to beach, but not on it).
If you want something a bit cheaper, I’ve heard very good things about the Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton. It’s fairly inexpensive, yet has very high ratings and is in the North Redington Beach area. Another alternative is the Crystal Palms Beach Resort.
I hope this helped. If you want anymore info, just ask!